Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pine Cone Christmas Tree Craft

I have the EASIEST pine cone Christmas tree craft for you to make and they turn out SO beautiful!

Begin by gathering pine cones and painting them green. 
We used tempera paint and it worked out great!  
Let the paint dry over night...

Next, add white paint to the tips of the pine cone, which makes it look like fresh fallen snow :)

The littlest Moffatt Girls insisted on using q-tips, but you can also use a paint brush, which would probably make the whole process a bit faster...

She was totally focused on making her snow…

Both girls really enjoyed this craft!  I think kids of all ages will enjoy making pine cone Christmas trees …. I enjoy it, too!

Add glitter to your pine cone while the white paint is still wet.  It was a little messy, but I kept it under control…sort of...


It was really fun to add different colors of glitter to our snowy Christmas trees!

The end result turned out gorgeous!   So EASY, so BEAUTIFUL! 

I hope you find time to make these pine cone Christmas trees!





3 comments:

Shelly Sitz said...

I remember doing this project many years ago with my kindergartners. It is always fun to paint and use glitter on any project! A great project for any age.

Shelly
Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

Sylvia Parker said...

These are beautiful. Happy holidays.

Maria Manore said...

I LOVE these Annie and your photos are simply stunning! I could stay and browse your blog all day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover