Thursday, October 31, 2013

Easy I am Thankful Pumpkin Craft!

I am always looking at my Pinterest Boards for some easy crafts.  The other day I came across a VERY EASY pumpkin craft.  I absolutely LOVE this craft because it is all about being thankful!  I think we all have a LOT to be thankful for, and this is a GREAT way to give kids the opportunities to count their blessings :)

Materials Needed:
*orange and green construction paper
*staples or brads
*scissors

Directions:
Step #1
Cut out 8 pieces of orange contraction paper into 1 inch strips.  You will also need to cut out 2 leaves and 2 skinny strips of green contraction paper for the vines.
Step #2
Have students write something they are thankful for on each strip of orange construction paper.  Be sure to leave about a 1 inch space on the sides of the strip so the writing isn't covered up when stapled together.


Step #3
Use a stapler or brads to attach the orange strips at the top and then at the bottom to form a pumpkin.


Step #4
Add your leaves and green vines.  I rolled up the green construction in a paper to help curl the vines.

Super easy…super cute…and SO much to be thankful for!

Check out more Pinterest crafts {HERE}





10 comments:

graciegirl said...

What a fun idea! We've celebrated Thanksgiving up here in Canada BUT will do this activity as it's still Fall and is a good reinforcement for being thankful. THANKS so much!

Jen Cullen//Sparkling in Second said...

Cute! Thanks for the idea! This might go perfect for Thanksgiving and reading "The Ugly Pumpkin"!

Jodi said...

How cute is that!?! Love it!

Margaret Swartz said...

I love this and want to try it with my 4th graders. Can I print it to use at school. Do I need to pay for it?

Liz Carroll said...

I loved this inspirational pumpkin craft... I had to include it in my Thanksgiving craft round-up! Thank you!

HomeSchoolingMama said...

This is so cute. I am going to post about this craft in my blog! Thank you for the idea. I really enjoy your blog. Keep up the great work!

Trina said...

Made this with my Daisy Girl Scouts. Thank you for sharing.

Amanda Long said...

I just love this post idea and submitted it in a roundup post for a client. I hope that's ok !!

Meredith Amand said...

I love these thankful pumpkins! Thanks so much for sharing your idea. I'm including them in my Kids Thanksgiving Paper Craft Round-up!

http://www.thepaperycraftery.com/paper-craft/12-thanksgiving-paper-crafts-for-kids/

Adriana Espinosa said...

Just did this project with my 3rd graders. They came out super cute and it was easy!! Thank you for posting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover