How does Rhyme and Sort Rockets work?
There are 8 colorful rockets and 80 cards (real-life photos) in the set. Simply place a photo in the doorway of the rocket and then sort the card that rhymes into the correct rocket. Rhyming is such an important part of learning how to read and this activity really makes it FUN!
This game was excellent review for the oldest Moffatt Girl, who was also able to help the littlest Moffatt Girl who is just learning how to rhyme.
There are 5 suggested ways you can play Rhyme and Sort Rockets!
(I LOVE the differentiated instruction you can provide with this resource!)
1) Liftoff!- Sort the correct rhymes into each rocket.
2) Space Race- Give each child a rocket, lay out the cards, set a timer and see who has collected the most rhymes. This is perfect for small groups!
3) Rare Air- Show children 3 pictures (two that rhyme and one that does not). Have children put non-rhyming words into a rocket.
4) Auditory Astronauts- Children listen for the correct rhyming word called out by the teacher.
5) Weightless Words- Play stretch the sounds. Stretch out a word and have students find a word that rhymes. For example, stretch the words sssssaaaattttt. They would find the word that rhymes with sat, such as bat, cat or hat.
*Each of these activities can be adjusted to best meet the needs of your students or an individual child.
So educational. So simple. So much fun!
We had a BLAST (pun intended) with these Rhyme and Sort Rockets!
Now for YOUR chance to win a set for your classroom or for home!