Sentence Builders is a fun way for kids to learn different parts of speech. There are nine building that include the following parts of speech: noun, verb, adjective, pronoun, conjunction, article, preposition, adverb, and punctuation. There are over 300 durable sided word cards that correspond with the different buildings and are color coded accordingly.
This set is so versatile and can be adapted to many levels of learning. There are five suggested activities included in the set:
1) Simple Sentences (use pronoun, verb, noun and punctuation)
2) Exciting Sentences (create a simple sentence, but add an adjective to see how it changes)
3) Follow the Recipe (work with a small group to make a sentence together)
4) Parts of Speech Match (put all the cards in a pile and match parts of speech)
5) Main Street Mix-Up (Pick a card from each building and make a sentence)
This resource has been a great way for me to slowly introduce various parts of speech to Audrey. We had a BLAST making sentences...some were too funny:)
My personal favorite: The kind banana made me spaghetti!
I could see Audrey's brain working as she attempted to assemble her sentences. I know that this resource is going to be very beneficial when we learn more about grammar and the various parts of speech. I think this will be a great way to make our learning experiences exciting and hands-on!
Learning Resources has graciously offered one of The Moffatt Girls readers a chance to win their own set!
How would YOU like to win your own Sentence Builders set?