Friday, December 16, 2011

Vintage Remedies For Kids Review

I have a wonderful friend who made this wise statement, "I can either spend money on the heathy foods that I buy in the grocery store or on medicine and doctor bills."  Hmm...I think I will choose the grocery bill.

At The Moffatt Girls home, we like to make healthy choices in our diet by choosing to buy organic chicken, eggs, milk and some fruits and vegetables.  We attempt to incorporate whole grains as much as possible, and we love our morning smoothies which are loaded with yogurt, fruit, agave, and flax seed.  However, our girls (especially Sophia) love french fries too!  We are far from perfect in our diet and I am always looking for ways to help make our home a little healthier.

As part of the TOS Homeschool Review team, I was excited to be able to review the book Vintage Remedies for Kids.  I was immediately draw to the book because of its title and content.

Photobucket

What is Vintage Remedies For Kids?
Vintage Remedies For Kids is a book that teaches children (ages 2-6) about healthy and natural living.  This book educates both parents and children on how to make healthy choices about the food (fuel) we put into our bodies.  

How Does the Book Work?
The book is broken down into 3 main sections:
1) Food and Drink
2) Health and Wellness
3) Healthy Lifestyles


The book is so easy to use and each lesson includes:
*A Parents Section-This section familiarizes the parents with the material they are about to introduce.
*Read to Me Section- This section can be read to the child and teaches a specific lesson.
*Additional Comments-This section is for children who are a little more independent and ready for some additional material.
*Thinking it Over-This section offers some practical questions to ask your child about the lesson they just learned.

Our first lesson/hands-on task was to make homemade pizzas.  Both Audrey and Sophia love pizza, but who doesn't love pizza?  We always like making pizza, and Vintage Remedies for Kids gave us a great recipe for whole wheat pizza dough.  I have always wanted to try the whole wheat version and I am so glad I did!  This recipe was so easy to make and a healthier choice than white flour.  I was happy to find that I had all the ingredients on hand.


The girls love helping in the kitchen and making these healthy pizzas was a huge hit!  They really took ownership of their little pizzas and ate them all up!




What do we think of the book? 
I love this book and would recommend it to anyone who wants to make healthy living a priority for their children!  This book has so many easy recipes and projects that help children grow to love healthy choices.  The book is also full of wonderful tips and lessons.  For example, I love that the author dispels the myth that children are picky eaters, but rather points out that children eat what they are accustomed to eating.

As a thank you for reviewing Vintage Remedies for Kids, I was also graciously given the book, The Kitchen Herbal.  This book is also a fantastic addition to a healthy lifestyle.  I am so excited to incorporate this book into my recipes because I LOVE herbs!  This book teaches you how to harvest, store and use 18 of the most popular herbs.  I can't wait to get started and implement some the tasty recipes in this book as well!  Plus, I am hoping to learn a few tips on how NOT to kill my plants:)

How much does it cost?
You can purchase this book for $25 {HERE}.
They also have Vintage Remedies for Girls (age 7-13)
Vintage Remedies for Guys (age 7-13)
They even have Vintage Remedies Courses for adults!

You can read what my other TOS Crew Members thought of these books {HERE}.

Disclaimer:  I received this book free of charge in exchange for an opinion on my blog.  The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not influenced by the free product or the company.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover