Friday, November 11, 2011

Shaving Cream Art

I have been wanting to try this shaving cream art for some time, and I am so glad I did!  The girls had a blast and it was super easy!  This activity can easily be extended with a writing activity to describe the abstract art or explain the steps involved.  Or...just have fun!

We also did a similar color mixing activity with milk {HERE}.

Start by putting drops of food coloring on a tray of shaving cream...
 We used the back of a paint brush to spread it around.  This would be an excellent way to experiment with colors...

The little tot has tons of fun...

Audrey's creation...

Sophia's creation...

Linked up at:

9 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

That looks awesome! We used to a lot with shaving cream in my classroom, like letting the kids use it to write/practice words and letters...but it give me a headache, so no more shaving cream! lol =(
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Annie Moffatt said...

I hear you on the whole headache thing. I think they make a fragrance free type.?

Tina said...

They look great!!

Leesy said...

Sorry for asking such an obvious answer, however I take it that the paper pressed onto the shaving cream will dry?

Jackie said...

Love this artwork, I have plans to do the same in the near future...can't wait for next installment of R2R Level 2.

Annie Moffatt said...

Hi Leesy,
Yes, it does dry:) I was a little worried too, until it did dry in about an hour or so:)

Miss Amanda said...

You always have such cute ideas Annie! I just printed out your sight word caterpillar and added the words we know to our new word wall. It looks great. Thank you!
http://littleadventurespreschool.blogspot.com/2011/11/sight-word-caterpillar.html

Marla said...

Love this! Maybe we can do this tomorrow. Great activity for both of my girls, aged 1 and 4.

I Coloniali said...

I have to say that shaving foam is THE most popular activity that I do in my art class. (I work in a school for autistic children).Although you will not get any product with the activity the process is well worth it.

Thanks...

I-Coloniali shaving cream

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover