Thursday, October 20, 2011

E-Mealz Review

Photobucket

I must admit that meal planning is NOT on my list of favorite things to do!  I often find myself in a rut of making the same 10-15 meals for my family.  I try to be more organized and I have even tried to do the whole monthly meal planning thing, but with no avail.  Therefore, when I was given the opportunity to review E-mealz for the TOS Crew, I was excited!

What is e-mealz?  E-mealz is an online meal planning website for busy moms and families on a budget.  Here is how it works:
Photobucket

1) Begin by choosing your your Meal Plan Option.  You can choose a meal plan that serves 7 meals a week for 4-6 people or a plan that serves 5 meals a week for 1-2 people.  E-mealz provides a variety of recipes, which include gluten free, low carb, low fat and more.   After considering the different choices, we felt that the low-fat plan would work best with our family.

2) Next, print the grocery list needed for the weeks worth of meals.  The list is even organized according to the aisles in the grocery store.
3) Cook your meal and eat it!  Super simple, super easy!

How much does it cost? A membership cost $5 a month, which works out to $1.25 a week.  If you don't like planning your meals, this is a very tempting and enticing option.

When shopping with the E-meals grocery list, a family of 4-6 will pay around $75 a week in grocery bills and a family of 1-2 will pay about $35.

What do I think?  I really like the idea of having my meals  planned out for me!  The convenience of this program make it well worth the $5 per month.  However, you are limited to the set of meals provided each week.  Since my husband is not a big fan of casseroles or crockpot dishes, there were several meals we could not use.  However, it is easy to make adjustments to the meals so they will meet the needs of your family.  Plus, if you find a meal that you really enjoy, you could always buy the ingredients on sale and then make it again at a later date.  If you are looking for some extra help in the meal planning department, I definitely think $5 a month is worth the money.

Other: Gift Certificates are available...
I think this would make a wonderful gift for Christmas at only $15 for 3 months.  

You can also check out what my other Crew Members thought.

Disclaimer:  I received a 3 month free membership free of charge in exchange for my honest review and opinion.  The opinions expressed in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the company or the free product provided. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you SO much for posting about this service. My son and I both have Celiac disease and must eat gluten free. It's been 3 years since our dx but I still have trouble shopping and making different meals that my whole family will enjoy since Walmart is pretty much my only option. I was beyond thrilled when I saw one of the meal options was gluten free/walmart. I immediately subscribed! Thank you!

Annie Moffatt said...

Yay! Thank you so much for sharing that with me Amy! I am SO glad this post was helpful to someone:)

Kayla Rice said...

This sounds very helpful. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover