Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sticky Notes!

I love sticky notes and my girls love sticky notes!  Both girls like to take my sticky notes and post them throughout the house... on the walls, on the floor, on the window, EVERYWHERE!

One of my favorite bloggers, Kristen from Ladybug's Teacher Files has a fantastic video tip for printing on sticky notes!!  Kristen has also offered a free template to download, so hop on over to her blog and watch the video!  There are so many uses and learning opportunities for printing on sticky notes!  I think her brain just works better than mine:)

I went right to work and made Audrey some post it notes for writing little notes to Mommy, Daddy and Sophia.  She already loves to write us sweet little notes, but this has brought it to a new level!   I think this is a great way to encourage writing!  LOVE IT!!  Now she can post these cute notes wherever she wants:)

These were so easy to make!  I made the following sentence starters and added lines:
I like to eat...
My favorite toy is...
My favorite book is...
I feel sad when...
I fee happy when...
I like to...
I also made:
I love Daddy because...
I love Mommy because...
I love Sophia because...
These are great for helping young writers make complete sentences!
Thanks Kristen!

Here's my personal favorite!




8 comments:

Ginger Snaps said...

What a great idea!!

gingersnapstreatsforteachers.blogspot.com

Anita said...

Thanks for sharing this- can't wait to try it! I'm just wondering: how do you know how to type the document so that the text will print onto the post-it notes(and not on the spaces in between). If you could let me know that would be great- thanks again!
Anita
http://mrsbremersk.blogspot.com/

Annie Moffatt said...

Anita,
You type in the document provided by Kristen and then stick your post-it notes on the page (same direction) and print. Kristen does a better job explaining it then me so check out her awesome video tutorial! LOVE it!!

Anita said...

OK, I am a loser! I just tried the template & figured it out, then came over to quickly delete my comment, but you are faster than I am! :) Thanks again for posting this great resource!
http://mrsbremersk.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Gibson said...

I use this trick all of the time. I have a set of book recommendation ones that I use when I stick a new book in a student's book basket. However, my favorite way to use them is to print my rubrics for writing assignments (or other assignments) on them. That way, I save paper and can just stick the rubric with the score write onto the assignment!

Lifelong Learning

melissa said...

I love it! Great for my own children who love playing with them at home, and I have so many ideas for using them in the classroom ! ThaNks...

Annie Moffatt said...

Jennifer..Love the rubric idea! Wow! My brain is spinning with sticky note ideas:)

Kristen said...

Annie thank you for the sweet words! I LOVE what you have done with your sticky notes!!
Kristen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover