Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Problems?

Disclosure:  This is NOT a teaching post, this is a sanity post!

Like most children, my Audrey LOVES peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!  I try to keep it on the healthy side by offering the organic, natural peanut butter with no sugar.   You know the kind...the peanut butter naturally separates from the oil and needs to be stirred.  Mmmm...so good!  Ugh...so messy!

I cannot tell you how many times I have spilled the oil all over my counter when trying to mix the two (oil and peanut butter) together.  I have have tried a knife, I have tried a spoon, I have tried to be careful. Oh...and once I even tried sticking an electric mixer paddle in the jar.  I know...not the brightest idea.  Needless to say, I had peanut butter everywhere!  NOTHING seemed to work.

UNTIL...this simple solution solved all my peanut butter problems!  Just dump the whole jar of oil and peanut butter in a bowl and stir to a creamy consistency.  Use a spatula to put it all back into your jar and VIOLA..no mess:)

Yes, I realize this is not a genius post and the picture is not that appealing:)  I just hope that I can bring some sanity to one mom out there who has peanut butter problems too!

Oh...and if you are looking for a craft to do with peanut butter, click on the picture below for a natural bird feeder!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover