Tuesday, September 20, 2011

AIMS Primarily Magnets Review


As part of The Old Schoolhouse Crew Review team, I had the opportunity to review a book called, Primarily Magnets  from AIMS Educational Foundation.  Since science activities are always a big hit in our home, this was a perfect fit for our family!


What is AIMS Primarily Magnets?
Primarily Magnets is a book geared for students ages K-2 and filled with hands on activities for learning about magnets and magnetism.  There are 19 engaging activities in this book, which address the following subjects:

  • Attraction: Magnets Interacting With Other Materials (6 activities)
  • Attractions/Repulsion: Magnets Interacting with Other Magnets (3 activities)
  • Magnetic Fields (5 activities)
  • Everyday Uses of Magnets (3 activities)
  • Culmination Experiences (2 activities)
The book also comes with a CD where you can quickly access all of the activities for printing purposes.  In addition, a person purchasing this product is able make up to 200 copies of any portion of the book.  This is great for science co-ops and teachers.  


How much does it cost?
You can purchase Primarily Magnets for $18.95.  The book utilizes 3 different types of magnets and these are sold separately.

Other Products Available:


    


    

You can also find out more about the company, order one of their catalogs or contact them directly by clicking {HERE}.

What did we think of the Product?
I really like this product and the age appropriate activities provided in the book.  I plan to incorporate many of the magnet activities during the course of our homeschool year. If I was still teaching in the classroom, I would probably purchase this book to use for science centers.

AIMS Educational Foundation believes that children learn best when they can experience learning by doing and not just seeing or hearing.
"I hear and I forget.  I see and I remember,
I do and I understand."

Here is one of the activities from Magnets Interacting with other Magnets:

I was happy to find that most of the suggested materials are common household items.  Therefore, I didn't need to run to store to buy something!

A quote from Audrey, "I love magnets!"

You can see what my other crew members thought of AIMS Educational Products to see if this product is a good fit for your classroom or family.

Disclaimer: I received this book free of cost in exchange for an honest review and opinion.  The opinions expressed in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the company or the free product provided.


1 comment:

Debra said...

Oh, wow. Great photos! This looks like so much fun!

And not having to go out to buy stuff sounds fantastic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover