- I bought a set of bathtub crayons for Audrey to practice writing the words while bathing.
- Paint by number sight word practice.
- Use colored salt -just pour a cup of salt into a plastic baggie with a few drops of food coloring and mix well. Pour the colored salt into a container and allow your child to write the sight words with his/her finger.
- Write sight words in shaving cream
- Practice at starfall.com in the sight word section
- Spell out words with letter magnets.
- Print these sight word worksheet, put them in sleeve protectors and file them in a binder. Pull out the sight word you want your child to practice and use a dry erase marker. Be sure to erase when you're done or the marker will be difficult to get off. Reuse again and again!
- Make your own memory game with different sight words.
- Roll out playdough to form the letters for each word.
- Print some sight word books for this site.
- Play my pile, your pile. (Audrey LOVES this one!) Use a stack of sight words, turn over one card, if he/she get the word correct (quickly) then he/she keeps the card. If not, the sight word goes in Mommy's pile. At the end, we count to see who has the most.
Spring is on the Horizon!!
6 hours ago